Weave a Scarf: A "Next Step" Weaving Class - August 2020
In this class students will weave a turned twill scarf on an 8-harness floor loom.
We will explore how to draft these patterns using the computer. Then students will select one of 2 drafts to weave, choose two or three colors of tencel for their warp, measure their warp, set up their looms and weave samples and a scarf that will measure approximately 8" x 72" when finished.
Class size: 3
Location: 5026 Myrtle Oak Drive, Cary, NC 27519
Prerequisites: Students should be comfortable warping a floor loom.
This class will require about 18-21 hours of instruction. The schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 9:30 am - 1 pm
- Thursday, August 6, 2020, 9:30 am - 1 pm
- Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 9:30 am - 1 pm
- Thursday, August 13, 2020, 9:30 am - 1 pm
- Tuesday, August 18, 2020, 9:30 am - 1 pm
- Thursday, August 20, 2020, 9:30 am - 1 pm
Cancellation Policy: Class fees are forfeited for cancellations that occur less than thirty days prior to the first class session unless the spot can be filled from a waitlist. Refunds are not given after the start of class. Credit card fees may be deducted from any refund that is given.