Weave a Scarf: A "Next Step" Weaving Class - August 2018
In the class students will weave a turned twill scarf on an 8-harness floor loom.
We will explore how to draft these patterns using the computer. Then students will select one of 2 drafts to weave, choose two or three colors of tencel for their warp, measure their warp, set up their looms and weave a scarf that will measure approximately 8" x 72" when finished.
Class size: 2
Location: 5026 Myrtle Oak Drive, Cary, NC 27519
Prerequisites: Students should be comfortable warping a floor loom.
This class will require about 18-21 hours of instruction. The schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 9:30 am - 1 pm
- Thursday, August 9, 2018, 9:30 am - 1 pm
- Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 9:30 am - 1 pm
- Thursday, August 16, 2018, 9:30 am - 1 pm
- Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 9:30 am - 1 pm
- Thursday, August 23, 2018, 9:30 am - 1 pm
Cancellation Policy: Class fees are forfeited for cancellations that occur less than thirty days prior to the first class session unless the spot can be filled from a waitlist. Refunds are not given after the start of class. Credit card fees may be deducted from any refund that is given.